-
November 11th, 2005, 11:35 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi eavry one.
I just want to share with you the inhumane
conditions in Quebec. There are no laws to legislate dog breeders. Anny one can open a kenell with out a permit. And we call ourselves civilized.
Article from The Gazette
Canadian Press
Friday, November 11, 2005
BLAINVILLE -- A man faced several cruelty charges Friday after animal protection officials seized about 100 starving dogs from a filthy home and kennel.
The dogs were so hungry they had started to eat each other, say workers who seized the animals. The dogs had long, matted filthy fur and severely infected wounds in video footage aired Friday on Quebec all-news TV channels.
"They were starving," said Sebastien Christin of Chenil GL, the kennel that took charge of the animals after they were discovered north of Montreal.
"They were eating from a pile of filth -- excrement, dead dogs. They were starting to devour one another."
Officials said the kennel and home were left in the care of the man after his mother died two years ago.
"We have no idea how long ago they were fed," said Cathy Blais-Samson of Chenil GL.
"They really were in pitiful shape
.............................................
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ January 06, 2008 05:09 PM: Message edited by: CONVERGENCE ]</font>
-
December 1st, 2005, 09:32 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Just punishment would be to beat the **** out of the owner, pour pigs blood on him and throw him into the middle of the dogs and let them tear him apart!
There is no good reason why people like that deserver to live amoung us!
-
December 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Pardon me, but is that the purpose of this board? I can read about this or hear about it on TV or newspapers. Hoswever, they don't discuss the merits of Altec products.
-
December 1st, 2005, 10:30 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi
This is the last and most recent update on this
topic. Today the papers reported with pictures that all the FOX TERRIER are in good health.
It cost 200,000$ or 2000$ for each dog fore VET
Care. You don,t want to see those pictures.
For those curious you can get it from the JOURNAL THE MONTREAL DEC 1 edition.The SPCA and VET association of CANADA had never seen anny thing like it.
-
December 2nd, 2005, 03:07 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
The story of LILi the 5 year old Fox Terrier.
If the english version is in the English paper I will post it tomorrow.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
The Owners house was demolished by the city.
He will be charged on 100 counts.
Crualty to animals.
Rehabilitation is on going :How do you teach a dog to be a dog again?
Te SPCA of Montreal is asking for donations.
SAD
-
December 4th, 2005, 04:34 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Not to keep this topic going but.... there is your regulation. Why do you need more? Even with proper licenses (whatever that its) people are going to abuse. They are being prosecuted so sounds like the system is working. I also recall the nightline expose' of the abuses of animal control in the states, so they are not always on the level either.
-
December 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi
I hope so but with only 3 inspectors for the whole province I worry.
I had a Dalmatian, 2 Poodles. and a Collie.
I know the feeling.
..............................
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 26, 2007 07:40 PM: Message edited by: CONVERGENCE ]</font>
-
December 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
I think that Altec folks also can be dog folks too.
I have a 27 pound Schanuzer named Roy Dawg Mercer (local people will understand the name). And it ain't nothin for him to have to whoop another dog's *** !
I have a 49 pound English Setter, named Max. She is a quail hunting machine and is sleeping in the love seat in the living room right now. (Roy will be sleeping with me tonight). Girlfriend thinks we need a bigger bed to accomodate Roy!
I spend a lot of time with my Model 19's, the A-7's and the other various Altec projects, but it is Roy and Max that keep me company while I enjoy my Altec experience. We just spent 3 hours in the "barn" tonight preparing for another project.
Let's hope that this kind of new is rare in the future.
CB~
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks